BAYANIHAN EQUITY CENTER
The Bayanihan Equity Center (BEC) is seeking applicants to fill a Community Services Position for it program funded by the Human Services Agency: Department of Aging and Adult Services-Office on Aging.
POSITION TITLE: 1.00FTE Community Service Worker
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the implementation of a community-based system of care that stabilizes existing housing for low to moderately low income older adults and adults with disability and provides access to affordable housing.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct comprehensive intake and assessment of the housing needs of a prospective consumer.
- Develop a case plan that includes, but is not limited to, assistance in identifying housing opportunities based on consumer’s income, assistance in completing housing applications, tenant counseling, and legal referrals to at-risk consumers.
- Monitor and accurately documents consumer’s progress towards goals identified in the case plan.
- Establish a linkage and maintains a working relationship with service providers, senior housing developers, leasing staff, and property managers.
- Conduct affordable housing related workshops (e.g. tenant rights, types of housing, income eligibility, calculating AMI, Section 8 properties v. Section 8 vouchers, etc.)
- Responsible in informing consumers of the availability of affordable housing for seniors and adults with disability.
- Prepare and submit timely time study hours, enrollments and other reports to SF-Getcare including updating participants’ information.
- Participate in coalition, community meetings, trainings and workshops that are beneficial in executing job duties.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work, and work related events.
- Perform other duties, as needed, to implement program work plan or assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or relevant field or three years experience working with low-income diverse communities. A combination of education and experience ensures successful completion of essential job functions
- Knowledge and understanding of the affordable housing system and tenants’ rights in San Francisco
- Bilingual speaker (Tagalog preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to perform task with minimum supervision and the capacity to work under pressure
- Able to attend evening and weekend meetings/workshops as needed
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to utilize social media and Salesforce in implementing program goals when appropriate.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter, resumé, and a writing sample to email@example.com