Below is a list of volunteer opportunities at the San Francisco Veterans Equity Center:
1. Food Distribution – Help pass out food or check clients in during our Immigrant Food Assistance Program, 1 – 3 pm, February 5, 12, 19 and 26.
2. Arts & Crafts – We are looking for volunteers who are interested in helping organize and brainstorm activities for arts & crafts during the following dates: February 11, 18, 25 (So mark your calendars!), from 2 – 4 pm.
3. Free Muni for Seniors & People with Disabilities – *Help assist our seniors and people with disabiltiies in applying for a free Muni pass, 2 pm – 4 pm, February 10, 17, 24.
4. Valentine’s Day Celebration – Come eat, dance, and sing with our seniors from 2 pm – 4 pm, February 13.
5. VEC’s Got Talent – Get the opportunity to sing karaoke with our seniors from 2 pm – 4 pm, February 18. *Warning: You may witness epic covers of Frank Sinatra’s “My Way”.
6. Bingo Birthday Bash – Celebrate the births of our lovely seniors with fun and games! Come spend time with them on this day, February 27.
7. Office Support – VEC is open 9 – 5 pm (Closed 12 – 1 pm), Monday through Friday. We need help calling clients, filing, data entry, archiving, and other tasks. If you’re looking for office/administrative experience, VEC is the place for you!
We are also looking for volunteers who have experience using Salesforce! Help VEC with our data migration project.
8. Bill Sorro Housing Program – We are looking for volunteers interested in helping us do outreach (phonebanking) and application assistance for low income families and individuals. Interested in learning more about affordable housing? Come help out during our housing clinic drop in hours every Tuesday, 10 am – 12pm and 1:30pm – 4pm. Training will be provided.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these events or would like to schedule a tour of our center, please contact Mary or Caroline 415-255-2347. First time volunteering? Fill out an online volunteer applicatio