The Veterans Equity Center is seeking applicants to fill a Housing Case Management Position for its Bill Sorro Housing Program (BiSHoP).
POSITION TITLE: Housing Case Manager (1.00FTE)
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the implementation of a community-based system that supports access to affordable residential opportunities and stabilizes existing housing of its consumers.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct comprehensive intake and assessment of the housing needs of a prospective consumer.
- Develop a case management plan that includes, but is not limited to, assistance in identifying housing opportunities based on consumer’s income, assistance in completing housing applications, tenant counseling, and legal referrals.
- Monitor and accurately documents consumer’s progress towards goals identified in their case management plan.
- Establish a linkage and maintains a working relationship with service providers, housing developers, tenant rights lawyers and property managers citywide and in the South of Market.
- Conduct affordable housing related workshops for tenants and/or staff of partner organizations as needed.
- Prepare and submit timely reports to the Program Coordinator; enter and update participant’s information into the funding agency’s database.
- Participate in coalition and community meetings that are beneficial in executing job duties.
- Participate in trainings and workshops that are beneficial in executing job duties.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work, and work related events.
- Perform other duties, as needed, to implement program work plan or assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or relevant field or three years of case management experience working with low-income immigrant communities. A combination of education and experience ensures successful completion of essential job functions
- Tagalog Speaker
- Knowledge and understanding of the affordable housing system and tenants’ rights in San Francisco
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to perform task with minimum supervision and the capacity to work under pressure
- Able to attend evening and weekend meetings/workshops as needed
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to utilize social media and Salesforce in implementing program goals when appropriate.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter, resumé, and a writing sample to email@example.com