We, at the Veterans Equity Center, would like to invite you to participate in our unit for this year’s San Francisco Veterans’ Day Parade on Sunday, November 8, 2015! In preparation for the event, we are starting to take reservations for the Veteran@ t-shirts, as well as organizing interested volunteers and participants.
If you are interested in purchasing a Veteran@ t-shirt (shown in the image below) for $15, please fill out this Google Form: Veteran@ T-Shirt Form
If you are interested in volunteering, we are in need of help for the following tasks:
1. Chant Leaders (2-4 students): You will have the opportunity to lead the group in chants that will echo the downtown streets of San Francisco! There will be a brief orientation provided prior to the parade.
2. Safety Leaders (3-5 students): You will help navigate the participants throughout the parade to ensure safety. There will be a brief orientation provided prior to the parade.
3. Poster Making & Cable Car Decoration: Unleash your creativity by painting posters with messages that will be carried throughout the parade. Help decorate the cable car with posters made.
4. Veterans Outreach & Sign In: Are you able to speak Tagalog? If so, help us outreach to the Veteran@s the morning of the parade to help remind them of the event. Assist VEC staff in making sure the seniors are signed in and fill out all forms needed
5. Volunteer Sign In: Please help signing in all volunteers. Anyone who wants to participate must fill out a volunteer waiver form.
6. Shirt Distributors (3-5 students): You will be in charge of distributing the fundraising t-shirts.
7. Photographer(s) (1-3 students): We are seeking individuals who have experience taking photos with their own equipment in order to capture this momentous day.
8. Videographers (4 students): We are seeking individuals who can take footage of the parade using a Digital SLR camera. Videographers will also be recording interviews with Filipino World War II Veterans and their families.
9. Leaflet Distributors (3-5 students): We need help passing out informational leaflets regarding the Filipina/o Veterans Equity issue.
We are currently awaiting further instructions from the parade organizers, so once more details are provided, we will send you that information.
Veterans Equity Center